Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Waiting Game

Ive spent 3 hours waiting for the doctors to come in. I spent an hour giving meds, taling to the nurse and RT, making phone calls to cancel appointments for tomarrow  and getting dressed, another hour stairing out the windows watching the clouds come and go, then another hour catching everyone up on whats going on with Liam. All in between soothing Liam and putting him back to sleep. Ive seen a case manager, RT, Nurse, nutritionist and the person who changes the trash bags, but no doctors. I was up at 8am even though I was up most the night with Liam. I was going to go finish the registration part for his stay then grab food but was told the doctor would be in soon I needed to talk with them so I couldnt leave. Lack of food is starting to make me cranky like Liam. Liam has been taking cat naps. He's smiled once for me and that was enough to melt my heart. We should seriously take lessons from these babies who are going through so much but can smile through it all. As of now we are still waiting on blood cultures to prove or disprove infection. As far as I know thats all thats going on since I havent talked to a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment