Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Prepairing for Lanie's 4th bday party

Lanie is turning 4!!! OMG its so hard to believe! She is excited about being such a big girl and about her birthday party. She turns 4 officially on thursday but the party isnt until saturday. We couldnt find any decorations she actually liked, I have no idea why shes so picky suddenly. I gave up and ended up with plain purple plates, cups, napkins and utensils and a few general decorations. She had to have the purple because its suddenly her favorite color. I was surfing the internet today trying to find cute decorations to add to it and came across some super cute stuff. Lanie loves Tangled so I searched for specific Tangled decorations that I could hopefully make myself. Thanks to Disney I came across paper lanterns.Seriously, why didnt I think of that on my own? Deciding this would be cute for her party and then to decorate her room after I went with it. She loved the idea. Ive been making paper lanterns most the afternoon. (Learn how to make Tangled's Sparkly Paper Lanterns) I didn't go with the kind of paterned paper they went with. I choose purples, blues and greens for Lanies party but I wont post pics until after the party. Then thanks to Google I ran across another site called Calling Supermom. I LOVE this site! It has so much on it! They had a post actually called How To Host A Rapunzel Party. I took a few ideas from them too. They had alot of super cute ideas but some of them just isn't going to work for us. The banner I will be making with Lanie's name. Instead of using their template for printout I will be using either scrapbook paper or felt. Im hoping for felt because it'll be more durable and I can again hang in her room. We will also be using the idea for the mini cake banner flag and cupcake toppers. The idea is cute and will give that special touch to Lanie's cake. We were going to play the traditional pin the tail on the donkey but instead were going to play pin the frying pan on Ugene. Its a really cute spin to the game and Lanie loved it. It also happens to be one of the funniest parts in the entire movie. We laughed so hard when Rapunzel would hit Ugene with the frying pan to knock him out. Other cute ideas I ran across were 'tug a hair'. Taking yellow yarn and creating a thick braid with it to play tug of war. It's cute but not sure yet if we are going to do that. If we had sidewalk I could get sidewalk chalk and let the kids draw since Rapunzel loves to paint. Im still trying to integrate the things Rapunzel liked to do into something that will work for Lanie. I wished we could actually set lanterns to flight in celebration but it's just not safe. Too much of a liability and fire hazard. I was thinking about trying to set a lantern go that is held by a balloon instead of fire. So many ideas so little time. I really wish I had thought of all this sooner so I could have much more time to create all these super awesome things. I know Lanie is super excited and is growing more excited with each passing day. I myself am getting anxious so see how it'll turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment