Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Standing Tall

We've been working with Liam for awhile now on exersizing his legs. As of 2 days ago he was able to support all his weight on his own by only holding onto our fingers. Today he was laying on the floor and I grabbed his hands thinking he would just pull himself up into a sitting position like he usually does. He skipped sitting and went straight into standing. I was so shicked. He thought it was cool and that he was the hot dog lol. His smile as he looked as me was huge and then he laughed at me. Yes a laugh. My baby has started to laugh and every day he laughs more and more. The sound is the best thing my ears have ever heard, next to his first cry. Then I decided I wanted to see what he could do with his new strength for standing. I stood him in front of the chair and had him grab ahold of it. Then I let go and sat to his side so I could catch him when he fell. He lasted a while 30 seconds. It was awesome. He barely rolls over, can't sit up on his own, can't crawl but he can stand for short periods of time. I am learning to take joy in what he can do instead of what he can't do. God has been so amazing in healing Liam and giving him such a will to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment