Saturday, January 7, 2012

Little Laughs

There was a change in the household tonight. We had a pretty quiet and calm day where I was fortunate enough to be able to take a nap and rest while my husband watched the kids. Nothing exciting or even loud happened all day. The house stayed quiet, almost errily so with a rambuncious almost 4 year old and baby. At the very least you would have thought the tv would have been blairing. But no, I was allowed a reprieve from all the noise and rukous. The change hit sudden and was much needed. Out of nowhere, after dinner my husband looked at our daughter and asked her if she wanted a horsey ride. She started jumping up and down excitidly and non to quietly saying "Yes yes yes I want a horsey ride". It was so funny to watch my husband crawl through the house from the living room back to Lanie's room on his hands and knees with her on his back. Then she decided to give us horsey rides. She got down of her hands and knees, we stood over her with our feet on either side of her and walked above her as she crawled through the house. It was nice for all of us to just laugh and goof around. I was even able to play hide-n-go seek with her for a few minutes before desert. It was nice to have all of us breaking out in laughing whole heartidly, something my husband and I haven't done for awhile. Justin's been able to laugh and smile but not all out just laugh. I have worn a smile on my face a laughed a few fake laughs for my daughters sake. Tonight was the first time in almost 6 months that Ive been able to smile and have it reach my eyes or even mean something. It's good to have these little changes, they mean so much. Liam has been laughing as well. He went from just one "huh" to "huh huh huh". Most babies laugh by 3 months old. Liam will be 6 months old on the 14th and he's just learning. Boy am I happy to hear the funny sound come out of his mouth. It sounds more sarcastic than anything but I know my son can't manage sarcastic lol. It's amazing all the little things that you don't normally think of. I never knew I could feel so much joy out of such a little laugh but the truth is I do. I can't help but smile. My heart tightens and I get close to tears when he laughs. It makes me so happy. I know CVRC said Liam was about 2 1/2 to 3 months behind developmentally but it's not something that truely hits until your actually seeing it. He may be 3 months behind but it could have been alot worse from his CDH as well as being on ECMO. I hope that Ill be able to catch his laugh on video so that I can share it with you. Its sure to bring a smile to your face. For now we can laugh over this video of Liam shaking his booty lol

No comments:

Post a Comment