Thursday, January 19, 2012

Praying For Strength


I'm needing comfort, strength and prayer.

The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.

Psalm 28:7


I am having a hard day, a hard week really. Everyday something new and not so good happens. I am tired. I refuse to be weak.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.Psalm 27:14

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Isaiah 41:10


The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of troublePsalm 9:9


Liam is doing better today. I text his pediatrician as he directed me to do today if he was still techypneac. I got a responce not long ago saying that he wanted to contact the CDH team at UCSF and if I had their direct number. I game him the 24hour line. I had a million question running through my mind. Things like:
What are you looking for?
What are you worried about?
Do you think it could be re-hernation that the xray didn't catch?
Could it be pulmanary hypertention?
Instead of baggering him with a million questions that would at all help me, I asked one simple question. Do I have anything to be worried about at this point? It seemed to be the question that mattered the most. The only one that really mattered. He told me that I shouldn't worry at this point, he just wanted to contact them and find out if there was anything he needed to do specifically. If there was a specific area he needed to investigate. Something that would yeild results as the xray did not. I refuse to let myself start a down hill spiral into worry. I refuse to be weak, I refuse to cry. I find myself in a position yet again where I need to turn off the switch to my emotions and let the analytical part of my brain rule. This way I can study the facts. Think logically, not irrationally. Liam has been through so much and overcome more than anyone thought he would. He is strong, he is a fighter. He needs me to be strong, Lanie needs me to be strong. I am leaving this in God's hands. The Lord will watch over him, protect him. He will take my worry and because of him I will find strength and courage where I would be weak.


The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
Psalms 23

No comments:

Post a Comment