Sunday, January 15, 2012

1st Trip to Church

Today was a pretty big day for Liam. He experienced church for the very first time. Taking him to church has been something we've kept putting off for several reasons: 1)We had to beware of his catching some virus or come in contact with germs and get sick. And because it was "dead winter" and RSV season we just couldn't rick it.
2)The few times we felt it was safe enough to take him to church, he ended up having really bad nights the night before or really bad mornings.

We've been playing it safe ALOT. It's really hard for me to not be able to take my son out and "show him off". I get so sick of being "stuck" at home all the time that I jump at the chance to go anywhere, even the grocery store. Ive been wanting to take Liam to church from his original discharge from UCSF and hadn't been able too. Yesterday I made the final decision that today was the day. I got Liam up this morning and dressed him up for this momentous event. After some deliberation he ended up wearing a grey long sleeve onsie, grey and blue stripped vest and kakis. He was so adorable. Unfortunatly Lanie was sick and Justin had to stay home with her. I loaded Liam up in the truck and drove to church. We were greeted with smiles. We got to introduce Liam to the whole congrigation. I was glad to be able to finnaly let them see the little miracle baby they had been praying for. No one got too close or tried to touch or even got too close. Everyone was very respectful. It was great to meet some new faces I hadn't met before and hear how they'd prayed for my little Liam. I all but broke down and cried, but it sure took work not too. I know that some of you reading this ask "why risk it?", and might even have some critisizing comments. Why? Because the good finnaly out weighed the risks, because I felt that it was right that God was guiding us to church. For me, that was enough. Spiritually, emotionlly, I needed this. To watched my son kick his legs to the music and smile and "sing" along was amazing. His eyes shined and twinkled with delight and in return mine did as well. Our souls were regenerated and I knew we were meant to be there today. Liam had just a good time today. I felt so very blessed today. For the first time in a very long time, I felt content and full of joy. Today my smiles weren't faked and my laughed were dripping in mirth. Thank you Lord for wathing over us on our journey to worship you. Thank you so much for my handsome little miracle and my wonderful family. Thank you for the strength you have given me to endure these trials. Amen! After church we came home. Liam had a nap and I got to shoot my bow for the first time. It was fun. Lanie, Justin and I spent a few hours in the backyard shooting at a target. Lanie had her little plastic bow and arrows out there. When the sun went down we came in for baths and dinner then Lanie, Liam and I sat in the chair playing. Lanie played peek-a-boo with Liam and made silly faces. Then we sang him his song "Baby Mine" by Allison Kraus. After it was time for bed. Today has been an awesome day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment