Friday, January 6, 2012

Almost 6 months :)

It's hard to believe that Liam will only be 6 months on the 14th. It feels like he should be 6 years by now with everything we've been through and are still going through. I woke up this morning wishing we could get some normalcy in our lives again. Even though our lives feel like a stand still, other lives are moving on. The world seems to not even recognize that anything went wrong. I guess it's a good thing. The other day someone commented on how small Liam was for his age. I took a deep breathe and explained to this stranger about his condition. She said he was a miracle, I agree. I rarely let myself admit to strangers that there was something wrong with Liam, that he isn't normal. I'd rather pretend everything was fine. I wasn't sure how I felt about telling his story again. I ofcourse was flooded with all those emotions again and fought hard to keep below the surface and hidden. There was no simpathy from this stranger after I told her Liam's story. She just smiled down at Liam, told him he was a miracle and continued to think he was adsolutely adorable. I was relieved there was no sympathy. I couldn't have handled it if there had been sympathy in her eyes. And I learned that I can survive telling Liam's story, our story, even though its very hard. Hopefully one day I won't feel the need to hide the truth about Liam or pretend that he is normal. Liam will never be normal. He is extroadinary, and special and his story should be told. It should inspire. My little bear cub is growing up and before I know it, it won't be cuddle time and kisses but mud baths and climbing trees.








No comments:

Post a Comment