Monday, April 28, 2014

Turning Of The Tides

We may be getting our hopes up here BUT we think we are at a crossroads here with Liam and oral eating. It's a turning of the tides. A huge step. 

Liam hasn't been tolerating his continuos for about a week now. I've tried lowering the calorie content and lowering the rate and it hasn't worked. He wakes up screaming in pain and this continues until I stop the feed. After the feed stops he sleeps without waking up at all. 

I tried Milk of magnesia in hopes that it would calm his stomach but it did nothing. I tried Motrin for pain but it only did so much. 

The last couple of days Liam has been making up the calories by eating them! Yes folks I said EATING!! 

So Liam hasn't been gaining it loosing any weight on his formula feeds. I am extremely curious to see if he gains weight eating. I've been packing his food full of calories where I can. Let me share with you what Liam ate yesterday:

(Pic from Saturdays breakfast because I could find Sundays breakfast pic. Sat breakfast was home style hashbrowns eggs and biscuits and gravy)

Sundays breakfast was eggs, sausage, pancakes and syrup. 
When I make his scrambles eggs I add lots of butter. Same for the potatoes. It adds extra calories where I need it to be added and I noticed he eats more when I use lots of butter. 

For snack he ate an entire package of fruit snacks. That's 80 calories in that one sitting. I discovered strapping him I to the high chair he was more. 

Before dinner he wanted apple suace. He ate all this apple suace and a few peices of cereal. 

For dinner we went to Casa Grande. Liam ate lots of chips. I know I gave him 5 and I'm sure his uncle, aunt, grandma, papa, and cousins gave him more. He also ate a French fry, the cheese off 4 tacos (everyone is always more than willing to share their food with him knowing he needs to eat), some taco meat and a few bites of beans. He also tried cutting his meat and cheese. It was the first time he held a knife and I was shocked he knew what to do with it. 

After dinner we had desert at basken Robbins. I shared my ice cream with him. It was called tax crunch and had lots of chocolate in it. He ate 15 half spoon fulls. Every time he asked for more I was more than willing to oblige. 

As you can see yesterday Liam ate ALOT.  I am so proud of him and am praying and hoping that he has gained weight eating and that maybe we can start discussing what to do next with his GI. I know it's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back but still just watching Liam eat brings me joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment