Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Clean Plan

So I'm not sure why I was in a funk the past few weeks but I started feeling better the last three days. Today was the best by far. I didn't over react to anything and had less anxiety attacks. I was happy. Actually happy. Or had happy moments. Even though my back was hurting it seemed like it wasn't as bad as the last month. I had way more energy today than I've had in months. I was able to re-arrange Liam's room, take the crib out, get the toddler bed in and finish re-arranging everything. It's not 100% but if my days stay this good it will be in no time. Being able to accomplish that makes me very happy. We have a plan on continuing this and doing a spring clean and purge of the entire house. Tomorrow after church I'll be finishing Liam's room and purging stuff out of our bedroom. I plan on getting rid of a bunch of clothes and other things. Im thinking if we go the minimalist living (where we don't have a lot of crud out in the open or an overwhelming amount of stuff) that it will help my anxiety. Too much clutter can be bad so I want it thinned out. My hope is that by the time we're done purging the house that there won't be enough to make huge messes. Besides kids toys but even those will be thinned out. If we have less clothes the laundry will get done more frequently as well as not get to be so backed up. Who needs 20 pairs of jeans or 100 tshirts anyway? (Just random numbers I threw out there). I'm looking at all the stuff and seeing so much that we just don't use...ever. So why keep it? Why not clear out the space. I believe it'll make all our lives better. Less arguing over messes and things not put away because things will have a true home. I will be able to see walls and not shelves lined up almost the the ceiling backed with boxes and just plain crap. Well I can hope and pray this plan works anyway 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment