Saturday, April 26, 2014

A new view

For the first time in years I went out with friends. For the first time in years I have friends who want to be around. After Liam was born with CDH all my so-called friends stopped coming around. Watching Liam and I go through all we did was too much for them to handle. They never stopped to think about how I felt having to watch my son struggle daily or what it was like to live out of a suitcase at the hospital 90% of the first two years. But now I have a few girls willing to stick around through it all and give me emotional support when needed. Last night we celebrated "H"s graduation from cosmetology school then we all went to dinner. We had a lot of laughs, good food and a few drinks. Everyone who knows me knows I stopped drinking because I need to stay alert for Liam band if I do drink I never get drunk. I was able to loosen up and have a few and still be up all night with Liam and up this morning no problems. I am happier today for it. This morning a cooked a big breakfast and now were working on Liam's PT and thinking of going to the gym. It's amazing how much better life seems when you have a support team behind you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment