Monday, April 14, 2014

Put it in a pouch

Some days are just so hard when it comes to getting Liam to eat by mouth. The last few days have been the hardest and most frustrating. Liam has been raiding his food cabinet bringing me his favorite pouches of food saying "eat eat more please". I open the pouch and he takes ONE bite and walks away refusing to eat anymore. I'm trying to wrap my brain around it but can't figure it out. 

When I discovered the pouches Liam was in heaven. He would eat most the pouch in one sitting. Only problem was I've only found then in fruit and fruit/vegi mix. Not high calorie at all and no pastas meats and whatnot. 

So what did I decide to do? Go buy pouches I could fill with my own blends. Why happens after I stocked up on store bought food pouches and refillable pouches? Liam decides to eat out of a bowl again. 

Yep. Mm hmm. What a 'slap my forehead' moment. I think the fact that I invested the money in something that was so successful to have him decide he was over it is the most frustrating part. I was my son to thrive and experience all the wonderful foods out there and to see him missing out is hard. 

We've worked so hard at eating and we always get set behind due to many different reasons including Liam just deciding he was over the eating thing. Praying for a breakthrough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment