Monday, September 1, 2014

Things could be better


What do you do when you want something so bad you'd do just about anything to get it? If you knew moving would change your families lives for the better would you move? Would you pack up and leave the family and friends closest to you? What is those people thought the idea was porposterous and unthinkable and made them feel tossed away and aboned? 

Would you leave it all behind to make things better for your family? A chance at really good paying jobs. A chance to own a house and be financially stable. Would you just leave this all behind? 

I want too. I don't want to leave the family and friends we have here but is being broke and jobless the price worth paying to stay? I see an opportunity at a real future for our family and I want to jump on it. I want things to be better. I want to be financially stable again. I want to know that I am taking are of my kids, not the state. I don't want to depend of cash aide and food stamps to keep a roof over my kids heads and food in their bellys. 

I don't know how to make such a drastic and expensive move across state lines possible. I'm clueless and penniless. Getting a job here has proven to be impossible. The only place who will hire me is Walmart at min wage but won't work with me on my sons medical needs. When I sat down with the manager who hired me the options were quite now and be eligible for rehire or get fired and never have a chance in hell again of working at any walmart. 

County jobs here won't fire me despite my good test scores because one I'm short and young looking so therefor can't be taken seriously. And two, my skin is the wrong color for this county. Therefor I'm assed out of all good decent jobs no matter how well I test or how smart I am. 

No one wants to hire someone with a medically fragile child who has to take off all the time. It's the sad truth. Businesses would rather you stay on welfare than give you a chance to get yourself on your feet. A short, young looking white girl has no chance in this county and that's fine I guess. No actually it's not fine but nothing I do or say will make things better for my family. 

Employers hear I have a child with medical issues and all they hear is 'she's too much work for us'. Things are to the point where I get a tan and wear sky high heels hidden under skirts  into interviews. Should I lie when asked about my time off work after Liam was born? Is that what it takes these days? 

Moving is expensive. Moving across state lines is probably more than I can imagine. Do I go get whatever job I can get that I'll be miserable at and just suck it up and attempt to save the money so we can move? I can go get a job making twice as much in another state. 

We've been talking about this for years so why have we waited so long and let things get so bad? Why can't we just sell of everything and make a run for it? The way I see it, things can't get much worse than they are now. 

I know that family here will probably be upset and think we're moving for all the wrong reasons but isn't wanting to be able to support your own family and be financially stable a great reason to make such a drastic change? 

We will miss our family and friends here and I've teared up thinking about leaving them but we have to make life better for our children. We deserve a chance at happiness so why can't we just take the leap? Because it all takes money we don't have. And we're  too proud and stubborn to ask for help. 









No comments:

Post a Comment