Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Building A Spiritual Relationship With God

Sunday was a big day for Lanie. I'm the last few weeks Lanie has shown a huge interest in church and learning about God. She's discovering it all on her own. I've never forced her to built a relationship with God, I felt it was something she had to do when she was ready and at her own pace. 

Admitedly I didn't nurture this like I should have when she was younger. We had a full plate with Liam at the hospital 90% of the time and instead of trying harder to keep her in church we used it as an excuse not to go. The reasons were valid but one of us could have taken her or allowed a family member too. If only we'd have tried harder. 

Now Lanie is discovering church and God. After 3 weeks of Team Kids we've ventured into Sunday school and Sunday service. We started this last Sunday. Before church I have her something I thought... Appropriate for the situation. I handed down to her a purple cross that I used to wear about 10 years ago. I thought it was time for her to have her own cross necklace and to know what it meant. I also thought it perfect for Lanie because her favorite color is purple and she loves sparkly things. Needless to say she loved it. 

After church we went out and bought her her first bible. Something I've wanted to do for a week now. It was time, she needed one that she could understand. Along with the bible (which came with a handy case) we bought a little inexpensive purple tote bag we found in the craft section along with some puff paint and felt owl. 

When we got home we spent some time decorating the bible cover and tote bag. While we left it alone to dry, Lanie spent some time looking through the bible excitedly. This is the begining of her journey. All I can do is nuture it and be there for her. 





No comments:

Post a Comment