Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Discovering Life's Secrets

Today is a ya like so many others. We wake up, get ready for school and drop the kids off. 

There's beauty in daily routines. Taking time to open your eyes and really see things can be a task. We tend to keep our eyes shut to the beauty that surrounds us. 

Not this morning. Our eyes were open and our brains ready to discover new things. 

Things as simple as daddy carrying His son to the car, both all smiles and exchanging pleasantries. 


"Are you ready for school today Liam" daddy asked. 

"Yay school!" Liam replied excitedly. 

"Have a good day at school son ok" daddy said. 

"Ok" Liam replied. 

While waiting for school to start Liam gets antsy band impatient. He loves school and can't wait for the day to begin. Because of this I have to apply distraction tactics. 

After changing his diaper for the second time this morning, I let him sit on my lap and pretend to drive the car. Liam loves cars. He even put his hand on the shifter (I have a stick shift. I prefer standard over an automatic). 





When we got out of the car we balanced on the parking block. Something we do every school day. Liam however decided he was done with this. It was just too boring for him this morning so he sat down and pouted a bit. 


Little Lamb was ready to start the school day. 

As he looked down at the ground he saw little ants scurrying off. 

"Bug mom bug" he pointed excitedly as he crouched down to get a better view. 


We spent the rest of the wait finding the "bug"'s. 

I could have jumped with joy. This was a momentous occasion, a moment I had been waiting for forever. A "normal" boy moment. 

The only "bug" Lanie would ever get excited about were ladybugs and butterflies. 

Proof Liam was all boy through and through. I'm not a fan of bugs myself but I was so excited to see him discovering these teany tiny little ants. I crouched down with him pointed out ones he didn't notice. We spent a good 10 minutes searching for bugs and laughing at how some were really fast and other not so fast. 

Soon his classmates started to show up. One little girl with her mommy and two siblings. As I watched the interaction between Liam, his classmate and her brother and sister, I realized something. These kids he will spend the entire year learning with are not just classmates but his first real friends. 

These are the people he is learning to build relationships with on his own. These kids are helping him (as he is helping them) gain skills that will help them their entire lives. These are not just random kids. They are friends. 

The interactions are amazing. They are teaching Liam to talk clearly. Liam loves to talk. They had a full on conversation this morning and all I could do is sit back and watch in awe. 

I pray for more morning like this. Being able to watch Liam grow and interact with others and discover new things is a blessing. Moments I will treasure forever and can look back and smile on them. 

This is the begining of a bright future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment