Monday, September 15, 2014

Going Gold

Oh Paris Hilton got a new puppy?

Your Instagram post didn't get like a million likes?

Sorry it's hard to care about such trivial things when there are babies being born with the life threatening birth defect Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia or children battling cancer. 

I'm always trying to spread CDH awareness because my family was affected by it. My son was born with it and survived even thought he wasn't expected too. We watched as other babies born with CDH fight until they lost the battle. It's hard to watch and I'm positive it's 500,000 times harder for it to be your own child who doesn't survive. 

You may not know what CDH is but I guarantee you know what cancer is and how devastating it is. But do you realize how devastating it is for a small child to fight cancer? I would guess that 95% of people scroll past those pics of sick kids battling whatever disease or birth defect they have. All you can think about it how horrible it makes you feel to see a child sick and struggling. Did it ever occur to you how these children felt? 

I did. Every time I go to scroll past a picture of a sick kid, I feel guilty. Instead I look at their faces, into their eyes if I can and say a silent prayer that they heal and become stronger so they can beat what ails them. 

This month is pediactric cancer awareness month. I'd like to introduce you to a sweet precious little girl who has fought so hard to overcome cancer. She's been cancer free for over 400 days now. With her parents help they strive to spread awareness about pediactric cancer. 

Meet Lilly. She's a sweet girl with a smile that can melt hearts. She's amazing and spectacular and a survivor. Please check out her Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Lilly.bumpus.9

You can also find her on Instagram. 

Go, show this little girl some love and support because just because she it now cancer free doesn't mean she isn't still effected by it and everything she went through to get rid of it. 

I'm going Gold for Lilly and supporting her cause in spreading awareness and efforts to find better treatments for pediatric cancer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment