Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Day For Art

In an attempt to forget about my pain and the misery it's causing I've been hanging out with the kids. I watched them play outside on their playset. They took turns on the swing, climbed the ladder, played in the club house and slid down the slide. They played fetch with the dogs and laughed. It didn't distract from the pain but it did put a smile on my face. 

After showers for both kids, we decided to do some crafts. It was a great way to get out my crafty side since it's been dieing to get out. 

Since Halloween is right around the corner and fall is upon us, I decided some Seasonal crafts were the key. 

We started off with handprint spiders complete with webs. 

We decided Miss Lanie Bug's spider should be purple since it is her favorite color. I love how she choose to make it's eyes pink and green. 

Liam's handprint spider is blue with one black eye and one blue eye. Made with his handprints. He has no interest in decorating it after i put ink in his hands. He decided he was done after that. We're still dealing with some sensory issues there but it's slowly getting better. 

After the spiders Lanie wanted to make scarecrow people out of Popsicle sticks. Lanie and I made one to represent her and one for Liam. 

Lanie wanted hers to have braids and a hair bow. We used felt for the hair. Then I made a hair bow out of the ribbon she choose. She then decorated it with googalie eyes and drew a dress. She said that her scarecrow is picking berries. Since scarecrows are meant to scare off crows she drew crows flying above. 

I got creative when making Liam's scarecrow. I wanted it to wear a hat but thought it would be neat for the hat to be patchwork. Lanie choose the buttons for it's eyes and smile. She also decorated the picture with crows, a sun and decided to go with a stick figure body and big ears. 

I decided to end today's arts and crafts time by making a few hair bows. 


I love these black and white hair bows. Lanie loves them too. She said they were perfect for the fall season. 

I loved spending time with my babies making things. Now I have some pretty artwork to hang. 

It wasn't the ideal day having pain shadowing me but I worked past it and put a smile on my face...as we sat on the bed, me on a heating pad. 
It's moments like these that get you through all the seriously craptastic times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment