Friday, December 23, 2011

Santa's On His Way

The minutes until Christmas are counting down. The kids are in bed, fast asleep and I'm getting anxious. Tomarrow is our big family Christmas. At one point I was dreading it, just wishing it was over and done with. I was sad because I couldn't take Liam out into public and see Santa for his first Christmas. It's a tradition that we always see Santa and take pictures with him. There hasn't been a year since Lanie was born that we haven't. I got a call the other day and we're are to have a special guest tomarrow night after dinner. Santa will be making an appearance at our home. It will be the very first time Liam gets to see Santa and the first time Santa has come to us. This will for sure be a very rememorably Christmas. Probably something that I'm going to want to continue. The kids don't know that there's a suprise comming for them. I however have a rush of adrinaline and anxiety just waiting. I don't know if I'll be able to go through all day tomarrow and then dinner before Santa shows up. Our very special secret Santa is being played by Uncle Johnny. It is so very sweet of him to take him Christmas Eve to spend with us and to don the big red suit just for my kids. I don't think just simply saying 'thank you' will ever be enough. Nor will a simple 'thank you' measure up to the memories he is creating for both my kids and myself. I will be dragging out the old camcorder and making sure my digital camera has plenty of batteries so that I can capture these memories to keep forever. Growing up my Nana had huge Christmas trees, tons of gift, family and alot of food. So many special memories for me but this, having Santa come to us in our home makes these memories more special. Finnaly, my kids are having a Christmas thats even better than any I ever had. All because of Santa. Our Christmas miracle is having Liam home and still being able to show him Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment