Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Blessed Christmas

Photobucket




Christmas morning started at 6:30 am me. I laid there in bed waiting for my family to wake up. Finally at 7:30 am my husband got out of bed. I decided then it was time to wake up Lanie, the anticipation was eating away at me. Five minutes later I was able to gently stir her awake.
“Is it Christmas yet mommy?” her sweet little voice asked.
I couldn’t help but smile. She was barely able to keep open her eyes. Her smile was a slow tilt of her lips.
“Yes baby girl, it’s Christmas” I told her.
“Did Santa come?” Her eyes starting to open wider.
“Let’s go see” I smiled at her.
We laughed and jumped up out of bed, ran into the living room. She saw a big red box and a full stocking. Her eyes lit up wide.
“Is that for me?” She asked in aww.
“Yes it is. And guess what. Santa ate his cookies and left you a note” I smiled.
“He did?”
She ran over to the kitchen. Looked up on the counter. All that was left was a few crumbs, an m&m. I picked up the note. Read her Santa’s note:
“Your cookies were delicious,
The best I ever had,
May your Christmas be Merry,
May your New Year be joyous.
My reindeer are thankful,
Overcome with joy you see,
For you thought of them,
During our long nights flight,
Keep up the good work,
And next year will be great.
-Santa”
The cookies were gone. The celery we left the reindeer was nowhere to be seen. My little girl jumped up and down with joy. The joy Santa brought her was un-comparable by far. The magic he brought her left her with memories that will last a life time. So when she opened up her presents from Santa and found what he brought her, she smiled from ear to ear.
“He brought me LaLaLoopsie, he brought me a BIG LaLaLoopsie!!” she exclaimed.
We loved to see her smile. Loved to see her so excited. We felt amazed and humbled that we were able to bring those smiles and laughs to her face. We watched as she opened up her gifts. Watched her excitement grow. We saved the best for last. She opened up box, her eyes grew wider than ever. Her jaw dropped to the floor. Without warning she screamed, jumped up with joy.
“Oh my gosh oh my gosh!!!” She exclaimed. “It Rapunzel’s tower! This is the best Christmas ever”
I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. I wish I had been recording it because we could have won a million dollars.
Liam finally woke up at 9:00 am. We let him sleep because he had been so overwhelmed from yesterday. Lanie gave him the gift she bought him. Justin held him and helped him open it. Liam grabbed the wrapping paper and was actually able to rip it because it was loosely taped. He got his 4 little cars, all bright and perfect for him to hold. He smiled and jibber jabbed. Then I sat him on my lap and we opened up the one gift we had bought him. It was the fisher-Price zoom race track. It lights up and makes noise. I thought it was going to be perfect for the 4 of us to sit around it and play. I put it together then we sat there to play. Within seconds he was over stimulated. His head went side to side, almost looked like convultions. Justin and I looked at each other, then we turned it on one more time. He did it again. Then he got sick. It’s too soon for his new toy. We have to stick with stuffed animals and things that don’t light up and make lots of noise. The only other set back we had today was the fact that the tree broke and fell over on us halfway through Lanie opening up her gifts. I had been sitting next to her and caught the tree so it wouldn’t fall on her. Justin had to find away to fix it. Still we didn’t let those two incidents affect our Christmas. We spent the day laughing and playing. Just being here together was the best day ever. We felt so blessed to have both our kids home with us. We thank God for the miracles he has given us.

































No comments:

Post a Comment