Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Random Questions

I found these random questions on Google, so here goes...

1) Who are you?
I always say my name is a big part of explaining who I am. I'm Aubin (unique right, even described as different.) I have a huge bleeding heart, which means I care more than I should about a lot of things. I am a mother, I am a wife, and I am a woman who shares her soul.

2)What are you passionate about?
This question use to be easier to answer before I lost my son. Since then I've changed a lot.
I feel passionate about spreading CDH awareness and sharing our story.
I feel passionate about helping people. I think helping people, helps heal  my soul.
I feel passionate about wanting to make a difference.

3) What are the achievements you are most proud of?
To be honest, I'm proudest of being a mom. My kids will always be the biggest accomplishment in  my life.

4) What are you most grateful for in life?
I'm a mom.
I am most grateful for my babies.

5) What are the most important things to you in life?
Family.
You need their support and their love.

6) How do you describe yourself?
Broken.
Weird.
Goofy.
Loyal to those who are loyal to me.
Crazy cat lady.
I don't really take myself too seriously.

7) What are your values? What do you represent?
I believe in God and feel it's important to have Him in our lives.
I believe in raising my kids in our church surrounded by our church family.
I feel blessed to be able to do so.
I believe that God put in my heart the need to help others,
so I continue to help in any way I can.

8) Do you love yourself?
I believe loving yourself is a really hard thing to do.
For years I didn't really even like myself and I didn't know why.
When I got older I realized that it wasn't be not loving myself,
it was me not comfortable in my own skin.
I believe there's a difference.
I may not always be comfortable in my own skin,
but I love myself and try to not be hard on myself.

9) Why or why not?
To not love myself would mean that I didn't love God's creation.
He made me the way I am and I should love myself for it.

10) Are you living the life of your dreams?
Honestly, no but sometimes your dreams and God's plans aren't the same.

11) If you had one year left, what would you do?
I'd make sure to spend as much time with those I love as I could.
I'd make sure they knew how much I love them.
I'd write to them daily in a journal for them to read after I passed.

12) If you had one months left to live, what would you do?
The same as if I had a year.

13) What are some of the biggest things you've learned in life so far.
Life isn't fair.
God's plans for us are bigger than our own.
At some point, your going to be broken but the choice is yours. Will you let it keep you down, or will you find a way to live with the brokenness and not let it win?

14) What advice would you give yourself 3 years ago?
I'd tell myself to enjoy every single moment.
From the pain to the happiness.
I'd tell myself to take more videos of my kids playing.
I'd tell myself to take more pictures.
I'd tell myself that I was going to hurt more than I've ever hurt in my life.
Maybe warning my past self that I would lose my son, would change the future.

15) Is there something you're still holding on to? Maybe it's time to let it go.
It's been 9 months since my son passed and I have a dresser full of his clothes.
A trunk full of his things and many many boxes.
I can't let them go just yet.
I'm not ready.

16) What are you busy with today?
I keep myself busy with work, cleaning, volunteering.
Really anything that will keep my mind of the hurt I feel from losing my son.

17) What opportunities are you looking for?
I'm always looking to help others and to spread CDH awareness.

18) What are your biggest goals and dreams?
I don't want my sons life to be in vein so I want to turn our tragedy over losing him into something positive. I'm looking into going back to school to become a nurse so I can help others born with CDH and other birth defects.

19) What's stopping you from achieving them?
Time, money.

20) What would you do if you had all the time and money in the world with no limitations?
If I had no limitations in money, I would be able to stop working and spend my time organizing donations to Children's hospital for the sick kids for holidays. I'd donate to CDH research and other worthy research studies. I'd do whatever I could to give back.

21) What's you biggest regret and why?
My mind always goes back to my son Liam. If nothing I could have done would have prevented his death then I would have let him experience life more. I would have taken him to the zoo and amusement parks. I would have taken him to Colorado to visit my family. I would have made every day even better.

22) What do you fear most in life?
If already faced my biggest fear and live it everyday.
Loosing a child.

23) What is your purpose in life?
I thought my purpose was to be Liam's mom. To take care of him.
I don't know anymore what my purpose is.

24) What are your hobbies?
Right now it's anything to keep me busy and my mind off the pain.
Reading, playing games, cleaning.

25) If you could sit on a bench for an hour and talk to anyone (past/present) who would it be?
I'd sit there and hold my son again.
I'd ask him what heaven was like and I's tell him how much I love and miss him.

Thanks for playing along!

No comments:

Post a Comment