Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My Wish For You

Dear Lanie,

Sweet smart, beautiful Lanie. Most parents have plans for their kids from the day they are born. I have to admit, I was one of those parents. I wanted you to do great in school, go to college, do something important with your life and be successful. I wanted you to get married to a great guy and one day, give me grandkids. (Yikes that's a scary thought lol) But I've learned a lot since your brother came along and then on to heaven.

My sweet girl, I wish you a life of health. Before Liam, I never dreamed of having anything but healthy children. I wish you to always be healthy, and for any future children you might have, to be healthy. Health is so important, its one of many keys to happiness. Liam did teach us that you can be happy without it, but it's easier with it. I don't want your life to be hard.

I wish you happiness. You've had more than enough sadness in your life for a lifetime. You deserve to be happy in life. Choose a career that makes you happy. In all choices, do what makes you happy. Even though I cannot protect you from sadness and hurt your entire life, know that each experience you have a choice. You can let it destroy you or you can take a page out of my book and let it make you stronger. I hope you become a strong woman when you grow, like your a strong girl now.

I hope you never loose your spunk or your creativeness. You make us laugh with your random jokes. You have a spirit that just want to enjoy life and I hope you never loose that. I hope you continue to be creative. I hope you pass on that creativeness to your future kids. It's part of what makes you, you.

Overall, Lanie, I hope you continue to grow into the strong, beautiful, spunky and creative young lady I see you as, as you are now. You have a huge heart and I hope that your harness that and never let your sparkle fade. I love you so much and I never want you to forget that.

3> mom




No comments:

Post a Comment