Monday, September 19, 2016

Biggest Parenting Failure

          Let's face it, being a parent is not easy. It's a labor of love, with thank you's few and far between. So why do we do it? Because we love our kids of course! All those diapers we changed, all those sleepless nights, it's worth it. So what's your biggest parenting fail? Sometimes it's hard no name just one because, lets face it, we tend to "screw up". 

          I'd have to say, my biggest failure was back in 2010, when I took my eyes off my daughter for just a few moments. She was only 2 1/2 years old at the time. Boy, I should have known better. Lets just say, I learnt my lesson that was hard to forget. My daughter took full advantage of those few minutes left unattended to rummage through my makeup. She grabbed what she wanted and made a run for it, back to her room. 

          Here I was, thinking she had gone to the bathroom all by herself like a big girl. Nope! After about two minutes back in her room, I heard her crying. Of course, I took off running to check on her. Boy did I get the shock of a lifetime! She had gotten my mascara, spread it all over the walls, door, floor and herself. She was crying because she had tried to put on the mascara and poked her eye. 


          Let me tell you, mascara is really hard to get out of carpet and clothes. Not to mention a squirming 2 year old. I never did get it completely out of the carpet. Lesson learned though. Don't let your kids out of your sight for 2 minutes and keep your mascara out of reach!! Better yet, keep it under lock and key lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment