Monday, May 19, 2014

You have to make it happen


I don't believe in sitting around waiting for things to drop in my lap. I believe on being proactive and working to get what you want. 

Currently I'm working to find a job. I'm trying to make things a little easier financially for my family. I want to get my foot in the door somewhere and work my butt off to get higher up. I want to make a career and have something to show for my hard work. 

I'm, dare I say it, almost 31 years old now. Yes there are reasons why I had to give up a career, damn good reason at that. My sons health came before a career. 

I had my foot in the door at Jackson Hewitt as a tax preparer and a vision of what that career would turn into. 

Then came Liam. He needed me by his size to care for him and be at his side and that was more important. So I have it all up. 

I feel sad I no longer have a career and have to start all over again. BUT I do not regret giving it all up for him. That's what mothers do. We give up our wants for the needs of a whole. I never thought twice when I got the call asking if I'd be returning to Jackson Hewitt. There was no need to even think about it. The answer was automatic "I'm sorry but my son was born very I'll and is NICU. He needs me". 

Now it's time to start all over. Everything I do, I give it my all. Whatever job I end up getting this time around, I will give it my all. I will work hard and pour all my effort into that job while I am there because this is what I do. 

You have to work for what you want in life. Things dont just fall in your lap in the real world. In the real world it requires blood, sweat and lots of effort to make things happen. 

So here I go, again, trying to make a difference for my family, and to take the stress off my shoulders. 








No comments:

Post a Comment