Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Today we are victorious

Two days ago Liam could not eat out of pouches by himself. He would squeeze them too hard creating a huge mess. 24 hours ago he could not eat out of them unassisted and this frustrated him behind belief. 

However last night he went over to his Grandmas house for a few hours. When I went to pick him up he was walking around eating a fruit pouch like is was an everyday thing for him. 

The joy I felt was tremendous. There aren't even words to describe how proud I am of him. While we were at the grocery store today I was picking out many different pouches for him. He saw one with spongebob on it and asked for it. Can you guess what I said? 

"Sure baby you can have it"

The trip from the grocery store to home is about 5 minutes. In that short time he had drained the pouch of all it's applesauce and proudly handed me the empty pouch. 

A few hours later he wanted another one band of course I was happy to allow him to eat more. 5 minutes later he hands me another empty pouch! This time it was strawberry banana. 

If only you could have seen me dancing in celebration. It was quite a sight to behold. As a mom of a tube fed baby any bite of food feels like a small victory. To have him way two pouches in one day plus mow down on french fries is a HUGE victory. He's really doing it. There is hope for a tubeless future. 

Now if for some reason he never gets the tube out I will not be disappointed in him. He's doing the best he can and I will always support him. For now I am perfectly and deliciously content with these victories. 


"The impossible is possible. The word impossible even says possible"

No comments:

Post a Comment