Friday, May 23, 2014

Double rope bun

Tonight I decided to play around with Lanie's hair. I had found a tutorial for the double rope bun and though it was adorable. Mine turned out a little different but still super cute. 

It's a bit of an older look for her and in not sure how I feel about that but it's super cute. 


Lanie loved it. I haven't done much with her hair lately besides leaving it down, in a pony tail or messy bun so it was fun to do something different. 

Below if the tutorial I used to make this hair style. 


1) separate into even level pig tails as show.  

2) split each pig tail in two then twist them together and use a hair tie or rubber band to bind it together. 

3) give the twist some volume by fluffy the sections. 

4) wrap the right braid in a circle around your head. 


5) wrap the second twist following the right twist. 

6) fasten the end with a bobby pin. 

7) go through with bobby pins to fasten and adjust as needed. Use hair spray if your planning on leaving it in. 

I used 7 bobby pins in Lanie's hair just to make sure it would  stay put to her running around and playing but didn't use the hairspray. Sure enough after 2 hours of play it stayed put and perfect. I absolutely love this braid and can't wait for my hair to get long enough to use this style on myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment