Monday, March 31, 2014

Sick Little Lamb

Little man isn't feeling well. Last night was horrible. He woke up at 1am crying with a stuffy nose and fever. He just wanted me to cuddle him. Liam pointed to my bed and with the saddest puppy dog eyes said "bed". 

Ok Liam, ok you can come to bed with me poor thing. I gave him some Motrin for the fever and benedril for his nose because odds are it's allergies. I rocked him for a few minutes then took him to my bed and cuddled him. 

Liam didn't sleep very well. He tossed and turned all night long. At 6:40am he decided he was done trying to sleep and crawled on top of his daddy and woke him up. Liam slapped his daddy's face and pinched his neck until he woke up. "Dad dad dad dad" he said. Finally we ventures out of bed and onto the couch. 

We watched cartoons and cuddled while sissy ate breakfast and got ready for school. Liam was heartbroken when sissy and daddy left to take her to school. He wanted to go so bad. 

When it was time to pick her up I just couldn't break his heart again. He wanted to go "bye bye" so bad. We all piled in the car to get sissy from school. Poor Liam didn't make the 10 min drive and fell asleep. 
He didn't wake up until we got back home. He almost got upset until he saw sissy then was happy. When we got back home I noticed Liam's fever had returned so he got more Motrin. 

He had to stay with daddy while I went to my appointment. Daddy said he was cranky the entire time I was gone. When I got back he was happy again. He played with his cars and trains. You know it's serious if he refuses to play with his favorite toys. 


Sissy did her homework then went to play. She cut out some pictures from an ad and made her own game. I'm still trying to figure out how the game is played. She's got an amazing imagination. 


Liam played on sissys bed and watched Frozen. That cabbage patch kid behind him is an original and was his daddy's when his daddy was little. We have the horse still too. Amazing. 


Today I worse turquoise for CDH awareness day/the last day of CDH awareness week. 

http://www.facebook.com/ShootingForLiam

It's been a hard day trying to juggle Liam's needs and then my own medical issues on top of his. I went and had a ultrasound today to see if the cyst on my ovaries have shrunk. Unfortuanately after 2 1/2 hours and 3 tries we had to just make another appointment. My bladder refused to fill past half full no matter how long we waited and how much I drank. Turns out I'm dehydrated and have to gulp water till my appointment. 

It was very painful to sit there that long and not allowed to go to the bathroom. Thanks to my bladder problems it felt like my bladder was full even though it wasn't. Hopefully at my next doc appointment he will order the test he said needed to be done. 

I let my health go when Liam was born with CDH. His needs and appointments took up so much time I had no time left to figure out what was going on with me. 2 years and 8 months I've let myself go and now in paying for it. Time to get better so I can take care of my babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment