Thursday, November 23, 2017

Grief Journal: Thanful


5) What have you been thankful for during your grief?

Finding something to be thankful for is hard. Almost two years later and I'm still struggling to tread water. The things that come to mind wouldn't be what most would probably think of but grief is different for everyone and there is no normal.

I'm thankful for my cats. Jack is my therapy cat in every sense of the word. He can feel my anxiety and my pain (maybe even my PTSD/depression flare ups) because every time I have a bad day, he's right there in my arms. And Ozzy, our 20 pound Maine Coon, is always making me laugh. He doesn't like cuddles but on my bad days he will day on my feet.

Jack


Ozzy


I am thankful for my daughter Lanie. Most days it seems that she's the only reason I get out of bed. She's beautiful and smart and has such a loving heart.

Lanie and Me.


I'm thankful for my soft turquoise blanket that I like to caccoon my self in when I'm not feeling well. And for my heating pad.



I am thankful for the family and friends that have stood by me during this journey of life after loss. It hasn't been easy. I am also thankful God gave me an outlet and a way to help others through Sent from Heaven.




Click here to view the entire list journal prompts for bereaved parents.





No comments:

Post a Comment