Saturday, November 25, 2017

Grief Journal: It's All In The Name



6) How did you choose your child's name?

Choosing Liam's name was harder than I imagined. When I was pregnant with Lanie we had choosen the name Landon if she were to be a boy. I just thought we'd use that name. Liam wasn't a Landon though. It took way longer to come up with his name than it did Lanie's. We were watching a Liam Nesson movie and decided then that our baby boy was a Liam. It was fitting too, to name him after an actor since Lanie was named after a movie character.

Liam is an Irish boys name meaning strong willed warrior. That he was. He came out fighting for his life and never stopped. If it wasn't for that sudden pulmonary embolism then he would still be here with us, fighting. Even though he had a fighters spirit he shouldn't of had to fight for every breathe he took.

His nickname was Little Lamb. When he was a tiny baby during one of our hospital stays, one of the nurses thought she heard me call him Lamb instead of Liam. She thought it was adorable and so did I. It ended up just sticking. Liam was God sent to us. He brought us closer to God. He is one of God's lambs. In his death he has brought me even closer to God, making my faith stronger.




Click here to view the entire list of journal prompts for bereaved parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment