Monday, November 27, 2017

Grief Journal: Difficult



7) What do you find difficult that you didn't before you lost your child?


I find it difficult to hear another child have the same name as mine. Every time I hear it my brain automatically thinks of my son. Then there's a slight delay as my brain catches up and pushes through the confusion.

Holidays, birthday's, special occasions are extremely hard. We're coming up on the second angelversary and third Christmas without Liam and this year is harder than the others.

Three years ago today Liam was cuddled on my lap watching the Thanksgiving day parade but scared of the loud noises.

Two years ago today Liam and Lanie were making salt dough ornaments to hang on the tree.

One year ago we were navigating our first thanksgiving without Liam.

Today we are skipping the Christmas parade and feeling depressed. None of us even care if we put lights up outside. None of us feel like celebrating without our little lamb.

This is child loss. This is CDH. This is pulmonary embolism.



Click here for the entire list of journal prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment