Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May The Fourth Be With You

May 4th 2016
 
We started celebrating May the fourth last year.
The kids' school made a day out of it.
All the kids went to school wearing Star Wars gear.
Posters littered the walls saying,
"May The Fourth Be With You".
"Learn Much Today You Will"
And so forth.
 
Both Liam and Lanie thought it was so awesome.
 
May 4th 2015
 
This year we had to continue doing so.
If not because Star Wars is pretty awesome,
but for Liam because he loved it so.
 
I didn't plan ahead for today.
It hard for me to think ahead for anything.
I normally can't tell you what day it is unless I check my phone.
But still today worked out.
 
Lanie wore a cute Star Wars Bow I made.
 
 
There are things we love/like doing.
And sometimes how we feel about them changes.
Then it becomes something we do out of tradition or habit.
Or in memory of someone we love very much but lost.
So as I kept telling myself to get through the day:
"May the fourth be with you"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment