Friday, April 8, 2016

DIY Mini S'more Campfire


Lanie just recently found out that she couldn't attend this years Girl Scout camping trip. She had been looking forward to this trip and talked about it all the time, and was upset she couldn't go camping. I wasn't sure what I was going to do to make this up to her. 

So in the spirit of trying to be better for her I decided Friday family fun would be a great idea. This weeks fun I decided would be s'mores. Since she can't go camping, I brought the campfire to her. Here's how to make your own indoor mini s'mores campfire:

What you'll need:
Ceramic pot
Potting soil (optional)
Rocks
Tea light candles
Lighter
Skewers
S'mores ingredients

1) take the ceramic pot and fill it halfway with soil. I decided to to this because I already had soil on hand. You can skip this step if you'd like. 

2) fill the pot the rest of the way with rocks. If you didn't use soil then fill the whole pot with rocks. I used the rocks from the candle section at Walmart. They were .97 cents a bag and I took 2 to fill half the pot. 

3) next take a tea light candle and place in the center and secure it in the rocks. Make sure it isn't wiggly. You can place how ever many tea light candles you can fit in whatever size pot your using. I recommend one per person if possible. I only used 1 for this. 

4) light candle and enjoy!! Just remember fire safety. You don't want to leave the candle burning unattended or with small children or let's near. 


(Look out for the next post containing our indoor camp out)











No comments:

Post a Comment