Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Top App Picks

My first encounter with Apps was when I bought a Kindle Fire.
Before then I had no clue what an App was.
The whole concept,
or word really,
confused the heck out of me.
This is just another example of how I've been living under a rock,
since my son was born in 2011 with CDH.
Since learning about Apps I have found several that I absolutely love.
So here are my top App picks,
in no particular order:

*Timehop:
I love the whole concept of looking back on this date through-out the years.
I was doing this before I discovered Timehop but the App has made it so much easier for me.

*Apple Weather App:
This came pre-installed on both my iPod touch and iPhone,
I love that I can go to it at anytime and see what the weather is going to be like.
This makes my mornings easier because I know exactly how to dress the kids for school.
I also love that the background changes to what the weather is outside.
If it's lightening outside this App shows lightening on the screen.
My favorite feature is the nighttime view of the stars.

*Cartwheel by Target:
Seriously who doesn't love to save money?
When shopping at Target I scan everything I'm buying and it'll tell me if there are additional savings.
I can also search all offers before going to the store so I can come up with a game plan.
You can use coupons on top of this App.
I also love that it tells me how much I've saved thus far.

*Blogger:
I think one is just a given.
I don't always have time to get on the computer to write up a blog post.
This App allows me to write post on a whim.
I can add pictures from my phone which is so nice and add hash tags.
Blogger App also allows you to edit previous post.
The only thing I wish it offered was scheduled post.

*PayPal:
I don't use this App a whole lot but it makes it really nice to always have access.
I love that it notifies me when I get a payment from my online boutique,

*iBooks:
This App is a MUST for the avid reader.
I am addicted to reading and have to carry a book with me wherever I go.
You never know when your going to have a few minutes to read.
I can download books from the App Store or from any other site.

*Shopkick:
I love shopping.
I love saving money even more.
With this App you earn points that you redeem into gift cards for many different places.
Target, Starbucks, iTunes and more.
All you do is open the App as you walk into the store and you get points.
You can also go through the App and scan things for additional points.
I've gotten several Target gift cards using this App.

*Pinterest:
Who doesn't love Pinterest?
If you don't know what Pinterest is you really need to check it out.
If you need ideas for something it's there.
I've used Pinterest to plan my kid's birthday parties,
find holiday decoration ideas,
DIY projects,
and much more.
Just be warned that once you open this App (or log in on the computer) you're going to loose track of time.

*Web MD Pain Coach:
This App allows me to keep a detailed record of my pain, 
symptoms,
pain level,
and what helped the pain.
This is great for my checkups at the doctors office because I can just bring up this App and show him how each day went.

*Jo-Ann:
The Jo-Ann fabrics App helps me save money by showing me all coupons that are being offered.

*PicsArt:
I love this App.
I use it to put watermarks on my pictures before posting them online.
Also allows me to make photo grids,
add filters,
frames and "stickers".

*Swagbucks:
I use this App to earn rewards by answering surveys and what not.

*iTorch:
A great App to have for concerts,
football games.
I used this at my nephews football games.
It flashes at different speeds and can be seen from across the field.

*Walmart:
I love this App because I scan all receipts from my purchases at Walmart.
If anything I bought is on sale somewhere else then Walmart will refund the difference to a bluebird card.
It's always nice to get money back.

*influenster:
I love influenster.
I love the App even more
You can rate products and earn VoxBoxes.
Each VoxBox is different and has free items you can review to earn more.
I haven't been that active on it and have gotten 2 boxes with a 3rd one on the way already.
First was a Braun thermoscan ear thermometer.
Second was a full sized jar of Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate spread.
It's also FREE to join. Click the link below to join

*instagram:
A social network where you can only post pictures.
This has it's pro's and con's.
Pro is I get to see my friends pets.
Con is if you aren't careful who you follow you could end up seeing things you just don't want to see.
And you can't unsee something once you saw it.
Pro is that you have privacy settings.
Con if you don't have your account private then any perv on the net can get to pictures of your kids.


*tumblr:
I use tumblr as another extension to my blog so it's only fitting that I downloaded the App.
I like it because it's easy to use.
I just wish that I could schedule post.

*Voice Recorder:
A great App to use for PTA meetings to make sure I don't miss out on anything for the notes that I have to officially type up.

*SuperNote:
Another voice recording App.
I like this one because you can categorize and tab your notes.

So there you have it.
My top picks for Apps that I use frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment