Friday, January 9, 2015

Break is almost over

School is almost back in session which means going back to worry about pickups, lunches, homework and IEP's. I'm mainly worried about Liam's IEP. And since I'm no longer "allowed" to just stay in class with him whenever I feel the need too, I won't know how he's handling his days because they don't recognize when he's overstimulated and refuse to stay him away from the situation when he needs it. Instead I'll have to deal with the effects from wens through Mondays because it takes him that long to get over it. It hurts him. It had a long term effect and no matter how many times I tell them they just don't listen. 


His first day back is wensday and I'm already nervous and agitated over this. I don't know exactly what I'm doing to do to rectify the situation. Talking to them hasn't helped. I don't have many other choices left. Maybe talk to his pedi about it and see what he recommends? If I pull him out what will that do? He won't get any therapies he needs then. He's only even getting PT at school when he's also supposed to get speech and OT. 


I'm not looking forward to the kids going back one bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment