Monday, November 25, 2013

Mommy Update

I'm a few days late on updating about my medical issues.
The very last diet soda I drank
was on the 19th.
Within 36 hours of no diet soda,
no artificial sweeteners of any kind,
I was able to not only walk,
but run with minimal pain.
When I went to the doctor on Friday
November 23rd
I found out my blood work came back great.
I started explaining  to the doctor about the article I had read,
and he said he had just read that same article.
So after explaining how the pain had gotten so bad,
then better so quickly after stopping diet pepsi,
he too agreed that I had Aspartame poisoning.
With every passing day
I feel better.
I am still not quiet 100%
but I'm not far from it.

I am still in shock
that I could do such a horrible thing to myself.
I knew that what you put into your body could harm or help you,
but I never gave it any thought.
I thought I was just cutting back calories
and trying to loose weight
to be a better me.
Instead I was cutting back calories,
and potentially killing myself.
If I hadn't of read that article,
my condition would have worsened
until one day Id be dead.
But thankfully
I have a great support system of
friends and family who care
so when they saw the article they thought of me.

I will never touch another diet soda again,
nor anything with artificial sweetener.
I started reading labels
and you'd be shocked how many products you use daily,
that contain some form or another.
If its sweetened with anything but
SUGAR
its artificial and you should try to stay away from it.
I went to buy gum today and couldn't because just about every brand
uses artificial sweetener.
If the package says
"no cal"
"zero cal"
Its made with artificial sweetener.
Splenda
Sweet N Low
are both artificial sweeteners.
When it comes down to it,
products made with sugar
even though they have more calories
are actually healthier for you.
And the sugar is easier for your body to burn than
the fake stuff.

So what is Aspartame Poisoning?
Aspartame is artificial sweetener's
It's found in diet soda,
sugar free candy,
gum,
some coffee,
even yogurt.
FDA originally approved it for use in dry food goods.
Aspartame poisoning can affect you phycologicaly,
nurologically,
and physically.
 Among these symptoms are dizziness, numbness in the limbs, severe tremors, facial pain, seizures, headaches or migraines, confusion, fatigue, slurred speech and hyperactivity.
According to author Karen Hanrahan, a wellness educator and nutrition consultant, aspartame poisoning may cause nausea, vertigo, skin lesions, ringing in the ears, loss of taste, muscular and joint pain, irregular menstrual cycle, heart attack symptoms and menstrual cramps. Physically you may also experience diarrhea, abdominal pain, painful swallowing, asthma-like symptoms, thinning hair, hair loss, burning during urination, excessive thirst, fluid retention, high blood pressure, allergic reactions in the mouth, weight gain or loss, leg swelling and bloating.


No comments:

Post a Comment