Sunday, November 24, 2013

Family Ties


Family is always something that meant alot to me.
Sometime I haven't had much of.
Until recently that is.

When I married my husband,
I gained his family.
Supportive,
Loving,
And caring.

I also had "my" family.
Which consisted of non-blood related family members.
Those that even though we don't have the same blood coursing through us,
or share the same genetics,
meant more to me than any of the blood relatives I know.


Still,
I wondered about the missing link.
I've searched for years and years for my dad's side of the family.
Honestly at the least,
I searched for 10 years without being able to find a single
blood related relative.
I searched social media sites,
ancestry site to no avail.
Then one day,
just days after Facebook demolished the
'Can't search for me' privacy option,
I get a major shock.
A message on Facebook
from my dad's mom.
MY GRANDMOTHER!
I jumped for joy.
Finally,
the missing link,
isn't missing!!
I have a whole slue of blood related family now.
I can't even begin,
nor will I try,
so explain the extent of my new found family.
Daily I learn more about them
and they about me.
Daily do I feel their love reach through the computer,
and phone to lift me up.
In the last few days,
my heart has grown enormously
to encompass my new found family.
They were my missing link,
and I was theirs.
In getting to know them,
I am getting to know more about  myself.
What physical and personality traits
came from them.
I am so happy that the circle is finally complete.
And that now we are back together again,
like we are meant to be.
I feel like I have everything in the world I could ever want.








No comments:

Post a Comment