Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Capture Your Grief Day 5

Day 5: Picture of the sky.


Every morning I wake up at 5:30am.
Every morning I drag myself out of bed and get dressed for work.
Every morning I attempt to drag my daughter out of bed to get ready for school.
The best part of my day, however, is the drive to work.
I leave my house right after the sun starts rising.
The sky is starting to lighten.
The sun just peeking up over the mountains.
It's absolutely beautiful.
Every morning I feel blessed to me able to see this.
I think of how God is watching over us.
How Liam is up there in heaven playing.
The sun rising reminds me of Liam's smile.
How every morning he would wake up and as soon as he saw my face,
his eyes would light up and a smile so huge,
and so bright would spread across his face.
It was my favorite sight every morning.
It was better than that first cup of coffee.
For me,
the sunrise is Liam smiling down on me.

I miss him every day,
in every way.
I miss hearing his feet paddle through the house.
I miss his laugh.
His laugh and his smile were infectious.
You couldn't help but laugh with him.
He made my world a better place.





No comments:

Post a Comment