Saturday, October 8, 2016

Trust in You

Hubby made a comment earlier.
He said that this last year has been the hardest year of his life.
He said "Trust in You" came on the radio the other day.
My brother in law,
nephew,
and husband,
all stopped working to listen to the lyrics.
They said even though they heard the song play in Liam's memorial video,
and on the radio a million times,
they never stopped to actually listen to it.

The song talks about how God is always with you.
How you ask God to give you miracles,
but it's not always how you wanted them,
or when you wanted them.
It's about always trusting in God,
no matter what hardships you face.

When I choose this song for Liam's memorial,
it felt right.
I was so broken and so lost.
Truth is that I still am broken.
I will always be broken.

I had two choices when Liam passed.
I  could be angry and deny God.
I could fight his every push.
I could turn away.
Or I could throw myself down at God's feet,
at His mercy,
and give him all of me.

I choose to throw myself at God's feet.
I choose to offer myself up to him.
I choose to follow God's path for me.
Why?
Because I wanted to trust His promise that my son was in heaven.
I needed to trust that my son was safe.
I needed to now that he was now forever loved and sheltered from pain,
thanks to God sending His son to die on the cross for us.

This past (almost) 10 months have been so painful.
I won't ever say that I don't miss my son to the point it's physically painful.
The very truth of the matter is that,
if it wasn't for God,
I wouldn't have made it through this last year.
That song got me through the toughest time in my life.
It reminded me that God was always there for us.
We haven't been thrown into a cruel world without protection.
We aren't navigating this world without a map.
He has seen everything.
He knows everyone's futures,
their paths.

"When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move
When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You"

Listen to the song and watch Liam's memorial video by clicking here

October 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment