Monday, August 8, 2011

Traggic Loss

A family we have come close to in our stay here at UCSF has lost their little cherub sunday august 7th. My heart goes out to the parents as well as the big brother she left behind and the family. Please add them to your prayer list. It's so hard to witness. I know God has a plan and a reason for everything. It doesn't stop the greif. To watch another CDH babies struggle for life and not survive just hits so close to home. You always have it in the back of your head that it could be your own child. I gave my condolences and my goodbyes to the parents and kept it together as best I could. If somthing like this doesn't humble you then nothing will. I have learned to be thankful and to celebrate every little mile stone Liam has through all of this because you really never know if your going to have more. You never know when you hold your baby if it will be the last time or when you hear them cry it'll be their last cry. These babies are miracles from God and their lives change lives. I know Liam's life and his struggles have changed mine. Life is so short and their are too many curve balls you need to celebrate life, every little bit you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment