Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blessings

There's so much more to beware of with a cdh child than we ever imagined. My brain in on overload. Not only is it possible for their repair to re-herniate but cdh kids are known to have hearing loss and vision loss. With Liam having been on ecmo it makes chances of hearing and vision loss go up. Its somthing that is progressive so even though his hearing and eye sight are perfect now doesn't mean he wont have the loss later in life. If he catches a cold or virus it could land him back in the hospital. He'll have respitory issues for the rest of his life. I just talked to one of his doctors here at UCSF and the results of his MRI came back. Liam does have a bright spot. It could be healing or it could be something that will affect his motor skills and cognitive skills. There just doesn't seem to be one thing I can just not worry about. It's going to be a hard, challenging, long road ahead of us. It's a good thing we have God on our side. I'm dealing with all the stress of being here for 6 weeks. Of feeling lost and having everything thrown at me. It's a very overwhelming situation to have a high risk infant. This whole thing has given me post tramatic stress syndrom. The one thing I know with all my heart and soul is that if I had been given the choice of not having Liam at all or go through what we've gone through with him I would without a doubt choose to do everything exactly the same. I love my little Cherub. The awesome news is Liam has been off nasal canula since yesterday and we get to take him tome tomarrow. I have cried countless times. After 6 weeks of being here I am more than ready to be going home and to have my family truely together. It's a miracle that Liam has over come so much in such a short time. Most cdh kids are in more a minimum of 6 months. God has blessed us in so many ways. Now I know why they call cdh kids cherubs, they are gifts from God. Little angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment