Saturday, August 20, 2011

36 hours straight :)

We walked our 3 miles to UCSF from the Ronald McDonald House this morning to see Liam. I felt fine when we left. We took a detour so Lanie could show me the carosel at the Golden Gate Park and we rode it once. She loves it, which is funny because we have never been able to get her to ride on anything that moves. We got to the hospital just in time for Liam's 12pm feeding. I changed his diaper, fed him and held him for awhile. Thats when I started feeling really bad. My back started hurting, my knee was throbbing and I started having sharp pains in my legs. I thought if i ate I would feel better so we went to the cafeteria. I didn't feel any better and thought it best to leave so I could rest. So we walked our 3 miles back to the house. I was in absolute pain, could hardly walk by the time we got back. After a nap I called to check on Liam. He's still taking all his full feeds by bottle and doing great. They also moved him yet again, back to the west wing to bay 1 this time. When I asked why they told me it was for staffing purposes. Because Liam has to be fed every 3 hours by bottle the nurse cant divide her attention. In the north where he just left the nurse's attention was divided for 3 babies, all of which have the same feeding time. Now his nurse's can concentrate on him and we get to see alot of his same nurse's he had before. I think it's a good thing since before they orders were written that he was to take every feed via bottle and not to put in a ngtube, the night nurse's didn't bother to wake him to feed him like they were supposed too. He's gone 36 hours now bottle feeding. Thats amazing considering he's only been doing it a week now. He has no eating issues and is still gaining weight. They didn't lower the liters of his nasal canula today because they didn't want to rock the boat since he only started all feeds via bottle yesterday. I'm sure he will continue to do good and will be home before we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment