Thursday, August 11, 2011

Testing my Limits

I feel like I'm being tested today. I'm stressed over Liam even though he's doing fine right now and Lanie and Justin seem to be trying to push every button I have right now. My patients flew out the window early this morning. Every little thing is just irritating me. I keep praying God will help me through this and help me to get calm and collective again. Liam however is doing just fine. Dr Keller said he's doing really good and his xray this morning looked fine there was no change in his lungs so their not colapsing. She decided to leave his cpap set on 6 for another 24 hours and wait until tomarrow to lower it to 5. Then the plan is to leave him on that for a few days and if all goes well switch to the nasal canula. If he handles the nasal canula well and gets feeding through a bottle and putting on weight he gets to go home. But that's getting ahead of our selves because that process may sound short but can take a month or more depending on how Liam handles it. I have to say that I am very happy that the doctors aren't trying to push him too fast and past his limits. I thank God everyday for that. God had blessed our little family and he has a reason for everything. If it wasn't for Liam being born with CDH we wouldn't have met the great people we've met since being here. If it wasn't for CDH we wouldn't even have known about it or been able to help raise awareness for it. Don't forget to vote daily to raise money.

No comments:

Post a Comment