Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Day 4 and 20 Months

Written 8/15/17


It's that time a year again.
School had started and we're on day 4.
Lanie is now in the 4th grade,
and I'm in my second year working for the school.
First year as a Cafeteria worker.

I remember Lanie's first day of Kinder like it was yesterday.
I tried so hard to hold back the tears.
We walked her to class,
watched her get settle,
then have her push us out saying she'd be fine.
There was never a doubt in my mind that she would be ok,
after all she was wise beyond her years.

Here she is on her first day of Kinder.

It's been smooth sailing every since then with Lanie.
She absolutely loves school and loves to learn.
She does math for fun.
Reads just because she can.
And just loves life.


In four days of work I've ruined 3 scrub tops with bleach,
but I'm starting to find a routine that works best for me.
Working keeps my mind occupied and keep

I can't think of Lanie's first day of school without remembering Liam's.
He should have been in first grade this year with his friends.
I wonder what he would look like today.
Would he be any taller?
Would he have finally caught up to the other kids weight wise?
We will never know.

Here's my little lamb on his first day of second year preschool.
He too pushed me out the doors that day before I was ready to leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment