Tuesday, September 19, 2017

21 Months Later

Photo's taken September 18, 2013

I've been trying to concentrate on planning our second annual Halloween party and all the fun things I want to do next month with Buggie. Truth is, it's all just a distraction. A distraction from the fact that, yet again, Liam will not be with us for any of the upcoming holidays. Planning things usually helps me keep my mind off of the sadness but it's hit me like a ton of bricks. I can feel depression grabbing my ankle and trying to pull me under the waters I've been trying so hard to keep my head above. I want to do all the things we weren't able to do when Liam was here because he was always too sick. I want them for my daughter. But I also want to do nothing but stay curled up in bead in sweat pants and hide from the world. Every day is a battle. Some days easier than other days. Still I put a smile on my face and continue on even when I don't feel that smile. It'll be two years in December. People will say things like "you need to move on" or "you need to get over it". What they don't understand is there's no moving on from the loss of a child. You carry it in your heart and in your soul until your reunited. There is no moving on. Losing a child is nothing like breaking up with a crappy boyfriend. You feel the loss of a child every day in everything you do. When your walking through the house and your no longer stepping on hotwheel and trains. When your doing the laundry and there clothes are no longer there to be washed. When your making dinner and there's one less person to feed. When you go somewhere fun like the fair and you and your husband turn to look at each other and say that you feel you've forgotten something but you haven't forgotten a thing. Your just missing a child. I wish I could hold my little lamb and tell him how much I love him. I wish I could smother him in kisses and play cars with him. It never goes away.
❤️💙Liam❤️💙

Child loss awareness month is October. Please help spread awareness. If you have an angel, feel free to share their name so we can pray for the when we light our candles on the 15th for the wave of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment