Saturday, October 3, 2015

Picture Day and more

Friday was picture day at school. Or as my kids chanted excitedly "picture day picture day it's picture day yay" until I thought my ears would bleed or my head expload lol. They were so excited and it made for a fun morning dressing up, doing their hair and pretending to be a wild thing.

Yes pretending to be a wild thing because where would we be if Liam didn't sport his wild thing sweatshirt with hood up and walk around the house roaring at everyone. 


What a fun sweatshirt!!

Liam had so much fun that he refused to let me take the hood off so that I could do his hair. I had to take a brush to his school with me and fix his hair as they lined up to take pictures. 


He wouldn't even take it off to take a picture with sister. Neither seemed to mind since we're all used to the antics around here. Lanie wore a new outfit picked out just for pictures. She proudly sported her healed boots that I never let her wear. (See how she's trying to make it known in the picture lol)

The snags didn't end there though! I had forgotten to go by the bank to pull money out to pay for pictures so we had to leave early to do so. After getting to school I discovered that the picture envelopes were left at home and had to hunt down two more! Thankfully Mrs B, Lanie's teacher had extra!

Once the envelopes were filled out and stuffed with money, I sent Lanie off to class and returned to Liams since it was my scheduled volunteer day. It didn't take long before his classes lined up and left to take their pictures. 

After picture time the teachers lined them up on the tables on front of the class to take a big group picture. I was able to snap a few but can't post them due to safety reasons. 


I did snap this cute picture of Liam on the bench however. I really hope he smiled just like that for his picture because it's adorable!!

The class mascot was included in their group picture so of course we had to take a selfie with her. Her name is Franny and every morning she sings songs with the kids and they tell her good morning. Liam thought it was hilarious to cover my mouth up. 

Later Friday night I took the kids out to Bella's school carnival where they had a blast playing games. 


Lanie has a pretty good arm on her. She tried out the pitching booth and did great. 


We couldn't leave without a picture at the photo booth. 



We stopped off at the 4H booth to pet the bunnies. Liam kept telling us how soft the sweet bunny was. He had no interest in the baby goat though lol. Guess he had enough of goats at the fair!


We played King Kong ping pong many many.....MANY times. Liam loved watching the ball make its way down the board. 


Liam wouldn't let us leave without trying the water gun race game... Twice. He won the second time around. By this time Liam was true my exhausted but we still had tickets to use up. 


So we went back to he photo booth and took a picture with their cousin Steven. 

And this next will have you doing a double take if you know our little lamb. 


We had to at least try the cotton candy. Well truthfully I bought some cotton candy for myself and we sat on the grass to relax. Liam took one small taste then stole the whole thing from me!! He ate it!! And he loved it!!! We ended up going through 4 cotton candys throughout the night between the three of us. Liam ate at least 1 1/2 himself. 

This is HUGE!!! Finally little lamb is fighting through his oral aversion and trying new things and loving them!! 

Friday was exhausting. We didn't get home till almost 9pm. We didn't have much recouperating time before one of our favorite littles 7th birthday party. Little Jada (whom I like to call a sour patch kid) celebrated her birthday in style today with a frozen themed party that rocked it!! 

Her mom worked so hard to make it special and it was perfect. I am lucky I got to help a little with decorations and making frozen themed candy for the kids. 


I found the Wilton mold at Michaels and used the 40% off coupon then bought winco's melts. I went to a local cake shop for edible glue glitter dust for that extra wow factor. Pictured is the first batch which turned out with too much in some spots. The kids loved them though. 

Liam and Lanie enjoyed playing with their friends and seeing some they haven't in awhile. Liam are pretzels, chips, cake and had a blast hitting the piƱata. 

After a long two days id say we could use some R&R. In all honestly it's been a long two weeks for me and I desperately need some R&R but it doesn't look like I'll get any anytime soon. 

I tend to end many of my post in a similar fashion but here it is...

This is what life is all about. Enjoying every moment and making it happy and fun. Not hospitals and pain and sickness. Thank you God for another great day with my babies. 

<3 <3 <3




No comments:

Post a Comment