I've been seeing many post pop up about the squeeze pouches for kids. This includes juices and foods. I stopped buying CapriSun because of mold found inside. Now the brand of fruit pouches I buy for Liam have popped up with mold in them. Just plain sick! I will not buy another pouch again. In fact I will be filling my own clear pouches with apple sauce for Liam from now on.
The company said that they tested other pouches produced in the same batch as well as around the same time this one was. They said they also went to the store this pouch was purchased as well as surrounding stores to test the product on their shelves. GoGo SqueeZ said no other pouch was found to have mold or any other foreign body in them. They explained that this could happen if the pouch got a small hold in it or from prolonged air exposure. After reading their response and what they've done to try and make things right I believe that thats probably what happened. Still its probably safer just to use my own clear pouches. Although if these companies would use clear packaging it would probably put a lot of parents minds at ease about continuing to use these products.
This was posted on GoGo SqueeZ Facebook page by a consumer:
I would like to know why you deliberately took down the post I made this morning about the rotten GoGo pouch that my one year old son ate. He is currently being treated in the hospital with an IV due to his intoxication. All the pouches in that box were ROTTEN, all with a date of March 2015. Is this how you respond to a customer's concern? By making sure you delete the post so it doesn't continue to spread? Why do you create a Facebook page so that we can provide our feedback...? Shouldn't it be for the good or for the bad? Not everything is peaches and cream! And a good Company must acknowledge that... you keep the nice and good posts.. why do you delete the ones that aren't just as nice? I am just doing the right job by creating awareness so that parents can be more cautious before giving it to their kids.
This is how GoGo SqueeZ responded:
Recently a consumer reported on our Facebook page, finding mold in a container of our product. We immediately contacted the consumer to find out where and when this product was purchased, and began carefully looking into the situation. As part of our investigation, we tested and reviewed other samples manufactured at the same facility shortly before, during and after the same time as the product that was reported to us, and all passed our stringent quality control standards.
Also as part of our research into this matter, we visited the store where the product was purchased, and other stores in the vicinity, and ran tests on products available on their shelves. The results in each case confirmed that there was no presence of any foreign material, including mold.
Although this kind of reported incident is rare, because GoGo squeeZ fruit pouches are all natural and preservative-free, in instances where there is a small hole or leak in the pouch, or a prolonged exposure to air, it is possible for mold to develop. This type of common food mold is similar to what can be experienced with bread or fruit that has been overly exposed to air.
At GoGo squeeZ, nothing is more important to us than the quality and safety of our products and satisfying our consumers, which our significant manufacturing and quality control protocols help ensure.
We appreciate our consumers bringing this to our attention. We also appreciate the trust you, and all our consumers have put into GoGo squeeZ.
If you have any questions or concerns about our products, we urge you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First and foremost, we want to assure our loyal consumers that there is nothing more important to us than the quality of our products. We have rigorous quality standards in place and we are committed to investigating this matter through to resolution. As for the deleted Facebook post, we sincerely apologize - this was a mistake that should not have happened and is not consistent with our community standards. We are taking steps to ensure this mistake is not repeated in the future.