Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cherish the moments

It seems like my days are never long enough. I've been so pre-occupied with tasks that I frequently forget to sit back and enjoy a smile on my children's faces. Tonight I took a picture of Liam for his facebook face and it just got to me.



 I see his smile all day long, but on days like today I haven't been able to really truly enjoy them. Worse yet, Liam takes up so much of my time that it seems I am disciplining Lanie more than I am praising her or spending quality time with her. It breaks my heart. So tomarrow, Im taking the day off from trying to get my online businesses off the ground and the other things I do to just spend time playing with the kids.

"Enjoy them while they're small because they'll never be this age again" Aubin Bryant

I've spent so much time trying to help other CDH families that my own have taken a bit of a back burner as far as quality time goes. Its time to make a change. Of course I will always be there for my CDH friends and other CDH families who need me as well as friends and family. I'm just going  to spent more time playing CandyLand, tea party, vroom vrooms and reading books.

Tomarrow we will race hot wheels down the sloped kitchen floor. Give Sparkle Sunshine a makeover. Invite Merida to a tea party fit for a queen. And catch up on some snuggles and stories.

"The Natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children." Jessica Lange

"Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you" H. Jackson Brown Jr

Brightstart teacher came out with Julia (the one who does the hands on stuff) and she did his evaluation since she wont be here for the actual eval but she needed to get the paperwork done for the teacher who will be filling her place for that. Before I tell you how he scored I want to say that he's come so far from a year ago and that I am so proud of him, no matter his "scores".
Keep in mind all his hospital stays and the bright spot on his MRI on the cognative thinking and fine motor skills part of his brain:
Fine motor skills hes at what a 12-15 month old would be.
Gross motor skills hes at a 12 month old
Socially, even though he doesn't talk hes at 24months!!! (and hes only 22 months)
...
Expressive language skills hes at 12 months.

He's not as bad as I feared he would be. And Im so happy to see that he is ahead socially. Although that's not too suprising since he loves being the center of attention and will do whatever it takes to be the center of attention lol
I read on a blog today that there was an unspoken rule that when your chronically ill child is doing really well that you do NOT talk about it because that's just asking for trouble. When Liam was little and would go a week doing good Id get really nervous and refuse to talk about how well he was doing. I felt it would jinx us. As he got older I started celebrating these times. I wouldn't say anything until we beat our last record of being home. Remember how I was celebrating Liam's 8 weeks home? I couldn't help it. I was so over joyed. I don't see myself celebrating again until its been a very long time, atleast 6 months. It seems everytime I open my mouth he ends back up at the hospital.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment