Saturday, March 31, 2012

CDH Awareness Day Today

Today is CDH awareness day, one of them anyway. Breathe Of Hope (A CDH organization) celebrated CDH Awareness today. So today we wore teal, or blue if we didn't have teal, and celebrated the awareness. It would have been nice to get out as a family and raise awareness, organize a big walk in our area, but with Liam's condition we just couldn'nt. So I settled for taking pictures of the kids, tweeting #cdhbabies, and walking. My CDH awareness walk consisted of Lanie and me walking the country roads out where we live. We finished our walk just in time because soon after we got home it started raining :) Living out in the country, there wasnt anyone to tell about CDH. Still atleast we feel like we tried to participate.

Lanie and Liam both laughing about something Justin was doing
Photobucket


Liam is actually supporting his own weight here in a sitting position. He held himself up for maybe 30 seconds. Were so proud of him
Photobucket

Lanie holding her brother close
Photobucket


Kisses
Photobucket


What a loving big sister
Photobucket

Liam happily playing in his crib in the t-shirt his Uncle and Tia bought him
Photobucket

Lanie on our walk...We take the golf club incase we get attacked by stray dogs or coyotes or whatever
Photobucket

See what I mean about living in the middle of nowhere
Photobucket

See those tire tracks in the dirt? Lanie said that its from cars that cant stay on the road because they have acid reflux....She was so serious, didnt like it when I laughed
Photobucket

On our walk we encountred many barking dogs, a puddle full of tadpoles, several burn piles and a rabbit off in the orange trees. Lanie thought it was awesome. We sat and watched the tadpoles for awhile and I explained how they grow into frogs. The walk was very fun for Lanie and me. Relaxing. My sinuses are burning now because of all the pollen and dust and my chronic allergies. Id say today was a good day.

Liam hasn't gotten better, but he's not worse either. He has his ups and downs. We get short periods of time where he's happy. Otherwise he's cranky and crying. Last night I finnaly gave him a dose of motrin because it was like he was in pain. He was unconsoleable. We werent supposed to be giving him motrin or tylanol unless he was running a fever because we needed to keep an eye on his temp levels but last night I just couldn't let him continue to be in pain. After a dose of motrin he calmed down and went to sleep. Stayed asleep alittle longer than he has been this last week. Im hopeing that this isnt going to be how it is for the next few years but theres nothing more I can do. I follow the doctors order, give all the meds im supposed to give when im supposed to give them, take him to all his appointments and follow thorugh with everything. Most importantly I pray, hard. Its not in my hands and I would be stupid to think that it was ever in my hands. God is in charge, always has been and always will be. I still dont know exactly what to pray for so I just pray that what happens is for the best and is whats supposed to happen and that God give me the strength and the patience to deal with whatever may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment