Monday, March 5, 2012

72 hours later

Liam was discharged last Thursday after 12 days in the hospital and a GJtube surgery. We were so happy that he was doing so well. He was gaining weight quickly and was happy. 72hours later were right back at Children's hospital ER. Liam was fine until 3:30 4pm then he did a 360. He started vomiting sage Green. By the time I contacted our pediatrition and he contacted our GI and got the final word and got Liam up here it was 9:30pm. We've been in ER since waiting for a room to open up. Liam had blood work and xrays. White blood count is.elevated and xrays haven't shown anything new. Feeds have been stopped and hes on IV fluids. He was officially admitted last night at 10pm, a mere half hour after we got here. They knew instantly that he had to stay. Unfortunately no more test or actions will be done until he has been put into a room. I have also yet to talk to any doctors today and it it a nurse who brought up the results on the computer for me. Were playing the waiting game again. The only thing that gripes me is that were sitting here wasting precious time in figuring out what's wrong with liam and fixing it. I'm keeping my cool because its not the nurses fault. At the 24 hour mark I think I.might get upset but Ill try not too. Please pray for liam. Pray that God gives the doctors the wisdom, guidance and knowledge to help liam. Please pray for me. Pray for strength courage and continued faith. Pray for patience. It hard having such a sick kid. This is harder than anything ive been through in my life. If there is one thing that could break my faith or turn my heart to stone it would be this. I pray liam continues to fight like the champ he is and kicks CDH ass . Hopefully we will have answers soon.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment