Monday, January 29, 2018

Turning the BIG 10



It's hard to believe that in about 2 weeks I will have a 10 year old! It's the BIG 10!! When I turned 10, it was a BIG deal. The one thing I remember and cherish is that when I turned 10 years old, my Nana gave me my first watch. Not some cheap little plastic thing covered in cartoon characters. It was not digital because at 10 years old you should be able to tell time with an analog watch. I meant so much to me that I, to this day, still have the watch. This was something that I wanted to pass down to my children and make tradition by buying them watches when they turned 10. My daughter may find it strange when she opens it but it will mean something when she grows up and had kids of her own.

So here I am in shock that I'm about to have a 10 year old daughter. Not only is she turning 10 but her cousin is turning 10 a few days later. So this year we are doing something completely different and throwing the cousins a joint birthday party. The Super 10! Yesterday I took both Lanie and her cousin and took their pictures to commemorate the event because you only turn 10 once!


















No comments:

Post a Comment