Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Grief Journal: Bucket List


13) Write a bucket list.


To write a bucket list would be to look into the future and that's been the hardest thing for me because the future doesn't have my son. There were a million things I wanted to do before I lost my son. Now trying to think of things is difficult. As I sat here writing my bucket list, I cried. And I laughed at some.

I want to see the non profit I co-founded, Sent from Heaven, grow and develop chapters all over the US.

I want to see the day SfH reaches 500 baskets handed to families who have lost their babies.

I want to be able to hug a grieving mother and tell her it'll be ok. That it hurts now, and will always hurt to some extent, but that life is still worth living. And I want to mean it with every fiber of my being.

I want a fresh start. A new home. As hard as it'll be to move to a house my son never lived. I know that he will forever live in my heart and always be with me no matter where I move. In order to pick up all the pieces of my life and start building a new one I know that I have to move. These walls are closing in on me. I still see Liam running through the house. I hear his laugh echo off the walls. I need a new beginning.

I want to get my depression, anxiety and PTSD under control. I want to be healthy and pain free.

I want to rediscover all the things that I once loved. I want to find a passion again. I want to find my happy.

Click here for the entire list of Journal prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment