Monday, December 29, 2014

Recipe: Incredibly Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf

          A few years ago we ingrained ground turkey meat into our regular meals. It started with just making ground turkey burger patties and escalated from there. Over time we started using ground hamburger meat less and less until we cut it out completely. We love that ground turkey isn't fatty or greasy and it taste better than ground hamburger meat to us. 

          We now use ground turkey in everything. Chili, meatloaf, meatballs, tacos, name it and we've probably used ground turkey. I feel like I keep making the same foods over and over again and I feel it's time to add some pizazz to our meals. Before today I never thought to look up recipes. I just made the meals the same way I use to except I substituted with the ground turkey. 

          Here's a recipe I found today for Incredibly Cheesy Turkey meatloaf and it looks amazing.


Ingredients:
2 lbs ground turkey
1 cup milk
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 pound colby cheese, cut into 1/2" cubes
1/2 cup ketchup (optional)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2) In a bowl mix the turkey, bread crumbs and eggs by hand. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the cheese cubes into the mixture. Transfer to a loaf pan and top with ketchup.
3) Bake for 1 hour in a preheated oven, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F


Now I don't normally use ketchup on my meatloaf. I like to make gravy and drizzle it over my mashes potatoes and meatloaf. I've also made this with soy sauce and served with white rice.

          


No comments:

Post a Comment